Building components are permanently exposed to strong strains such as temperature fluctuations, earthquakes, and other physical conditions. These affect the volume and the composition of the materials used and the substance of the buildings, and can cause symptoms of fatigue or breakages with catastrophic consequences. Roof-Pro provides high-quality solutions to ensure sustainable building quality.
Expansion joint tape consists of a highly elastic movement section made of EPDM and two laterally flexible adhesive flanges. The flanges are reinforced by a polyester fleece that stabilises the EPDM, forcing movement to occur only in the movement section and provides a surface that gives high bonding strength.
ProEXP 20/40 and FlamLine 100/240 expansion joint tapes are compatible with torch-on roofing membranes and is manufactured from a single flexible sheet of high grade Butyl-Elastomer.
The flanges contain a mesh that stabilises the adhesive flanges for sealing the waterproofing membrane to it. Movement is again forced to occur in the section that is positioned over the expansion joint.
- Economic to fit thanks to prefabricated, precision-fit expansion joint strips
- Strips and preforms are supplied as fully fabricated systems
- No complex substructure thanks to sandwich construction
- No shielding necessary thanks to the quality of joint with seal
- Very high resistance to building vibrations (e.g., in the event of an earthquake)
- Smooth fitting without loops or bulges
- Easily follows the line of any joint
- Highly elastic expansion zone
- Force-fit connections on bitumen and with epoxy resin adhesives on concrete and metal, etc.
- Special metal connection pieces for connections to metal work
- Individual strips can be put together on site using the specially designed vulcanization device